Friday, March 21, 2008

Mind Mapping

While we're worrying ourselves about the mind, I'd like to say a word about mind-mapping. Actually, I'd like to say several words.
Word #1: Just what is mind-mapping? For all you visual thinkers, it's a powerful technique for taking notes and organizing thoughts. I saw a demonstration of it in a class once and was so impressed that I've shamelessly plagiarized that demo in my own classes. You might want to check out Tony Buzan's book on the topic.
Word #2: Isn't there free web-based software for just about everything? Well of course. You can scoot over to Mindomo to see how easily (and cheaply) you can make one of these little delights. Granted, it's not as fun as having a whole box full of colored pens, but you can't have everything--at least not in PHP.

No comments: